Webster’s 1828 Dictionary define honor as “true nobleness of mind; magnanimity (good will); dignified respect for moral rectitude (rightness); a distinguishing trait in the character of good men.” It is with this sense that Faith Academy has established an honor society to recognize and encourage such traits in our students. The objective of Christian Honor Society is to create a passion for scholarship, to promote service, to encourage leadership, and the development of Christ-like character in the students.
Membership shall be based on character, leadership, scholarship, and service. Eligibility to membership in the CHS requires full time attendance for a period of one semester preceding induction. Students must maintain a minimum cumulative average of 90%. All students who can rise in scholarship to or above such a standard may be admitted to candidacy for selection to membership. Their eligibility shall then be considered on their service, leadership, and character.
The final selection of members shall be by a majority vote of FA Faculty. The application selection process will involve:
1. Student's academic records reviewed to determine eligibility
2. Student's who are eligible scholastically will be asked to complete an Information Form for further consideration
3. The faculty shall be requested to comment on candidates
4. Students must have two letters of recommendation from an adult, non-family member
5. The Faculty along with administration shall review the Information Form and recommendations